It is the guests' responsibility to read and understand all policies before finalizing a reservation with a deposit. Placing a reservation deposit implies that you have read & understand all policies. If you have any questions, please ask before booking.
• We maintain a family atmosphere at Walker Creek Retreat. Loud and/or obnoxious behavior is unacceptable.
• We require a minimum 2-night stay on all regular weekends and a minimum 3-night stay on all holiday weekends.
• Guided Fishing Trips: For our guided fishing trip policies, please click here.
• Deposit: All deposits must be made with a credit card. We accept Mastercard or Visa only. 50% of your overall cabin rental amount is due at the time of reservation. A rescheduling fee of $75 will apply to any changes made to the reservation after deposit is taken.
• Taxes/Fees: The overall total will include a 10.3% sales and transient lodging tax.
• Balance: The balance is due before arrival and may be paid with credit card, check, or cash. The balance will be automatically charged to the credit card used at the time of deposit unless other arrangements are made before check-in. A $75 fee will apply to any returned checks.
• Security Deposit: A $350 security deposit will be held with the guests' credit card used at the time of reservation or check-in. No charges will incur unless we find damages or excessive cleaning is required after the departure of the guests. We will notify the guest in the case that any or all of the Security Deposit is charged to their credit card.
• Cancellation Policy: Before 30 days of check-in: Your deposit will be refunded minus a $75 cancellation fee. Within 30 days of check-in: Your entire deposit will be forfeited. Any cancellations made within 3 days of check-in will be automatically be charged in-full to the card used for deposit. Reservations made for multiple cabins or more than six (6) months in advance: Deposit will be based on current pricing. Ninety (90) days prior to your arrival, you will receive a second & final confirmation with any updates in pricing and the remaining balance will be due at that time. No refunds will be made after that date. Cancellations made before 90 days of check-in will be refunded their deposit minus a $125 cancellation fee, per cabin.
• Check-in and Check-out: Check-in time is 4:00 PM and Check-out time is 10:00 AM. Prior to your arrival, you will receive an Arrival Email with check-in instructions, directions, and other details. Sorry, we are not able to accommodate early check-ins.
• Rental Agreement: Once your reservation has been confirmed, Walker Creek Retreat will send you a Reservation Confirmation. Then, a few days prior to your stay, you will receive an Arrival Email including a Rental Agreement & waiver forms. You must read and sign all applicable forms and return them via email before arrival. If you do not have this capability, we can make alternative arrangements.
• Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed on the property. We do, however, have a kennel w/in 10 minutes of the property that will house your pet at a fair rate. You can find that information on our activities page. See Security Deposit above for charges that will apply if pets are found inside or on the property.
• Smoking Policy: No smoking is allowed inside our cabins. See Security Deposit above for damage charges.
• Fishing: Fishing at any our properties on Walker Creek is strictly Catch and Release. You will need a valid VA freshwater fishing license.
• Parking: Walker Creek Retreat is a private retreat and all renters staying with us may be issued parking passes at check-in that must be displayed at all times during your stay. Guests of renters may also be issued a parking pass that must be displayed during their visit. Parking is sufficient for the number of guests per cabin but not for an excessive number of vehicles. Please make an effort to bring as few as vehicles as possible.
• Note: Cabin rentals are independent of our guided fishing trips, weddings, VT (or other) events, and/or weather & fishing conditions. Therefore, our cancellation policies still apply if the weather or fishing is poor or in the case of cancelled events/services. If you or NROC have to cancel your cabin rental, and you have also booked a guided fishing trip with NROC or a wedding at Walker Creek Barn, you are still responsible for following the guided fishing trip or wedding barn cancellation policies.
• Note: Please note our cabin rental policies can change at any time. If you are unsure of the current policies or have any questions, please call us at 540-921-7438.